It’s easy to understand why Aruba is so popular. For one, the fusion of Dutch influences and native culture has given rise to a culture unique to this small island. On top of that, its fabulous beaches are blessed with sunshine almost all year round. And the nightlife here simply can’t be beat. Laid back, yet filled with prospects for action and adventure should you seek them – Aruba is one of the best the Caribbean has to offer.
Located on the picturesque southern coast, Oranjestad is the historic capital of Aruba. A stroll along its palm-lined streets will reveal a town bursting with Dutch-colonial charm, pastel-painted buildings and fabulous shopping.
- The island’s incredible natural limestone bridge.
- A submarine ride that takes you 150 feet below the sea to see marine life, coral reefs and shipwrecks up close.
- A Jeep ride to the northern part of the island, the California Lighthouse and other scenic sights. Go to a private island paradise, De Palm Island, for a buffet barbecue lunch and snorkeling in pristine waters full of brilliant coral and colorful marine life.
- Outdoor markets displaying tropical fruits, and local arts and crafts.
- The wacky, fun-filled Kukoo Kunuku barhop and dinner adventure, to shake your maracas and kick up your heels up.
- A round of golf on the Tierra del Sol Golf Course surrounded by panoramic ocean views and spectacular desert scenery. Designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr., every hole has four sets of tees and approach angles to provide a wide variety of challenges for all skill levels.